Another day, another smoothie. I can’t help myself. I’ve made this pumpkin smoothie several times and it’s delicious. Creamy, healthy, filling, and well, pumpkin-y.
The other day my husband politely inquired if all baked goods from here until spring would be pumpkin flavored. Not entirely fair since I made this AMAZING apple cinnamon oatmeal bread the other day (I subbed Cup 4 Cup flour for the gluten kind), but understandable since pumpkin is my favorite, not his. Luckily the kids are on my side.
You can make this smoothie in a high powered blender or a Cuisinart. I adapted this from a Whole Foods recipe, but mostly this came straight out of my pumpkin flavored brain.
Creamy Pumpkin Smoothie
- 1/2 cup cold water or milk
- 1/2 heaping cup yogurt (full fat will make a thicker shake, fyi)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree (more puree = thicker + more pumpkin flavor)
- 1 ripe banana (frozen or not)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon (or more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, or a dash of nutmeg
- a glug of maple syrup or honey, if you like things sweeter (I’ve enjoyed it both ways)
- a handful of ice IF you have a high powered blender (please don’t put ice in your Cuisinart, at least it never worked for me)
Dump everything in, and whirl away! Taste test and adjust seasonings/sweetenings until you’re satisfied, and then enjoy. Whipped topping optional. Can you imagine it, though? YUM.
* Update on the popularity of Smoothies in my home, the green kind in particular…
Green Smoothie POPS!
I froze some extra smoothie I made from a delightful blending of kale (yes, I said kale! for a children’s ice pop!), yogurt, pineapple, banana, and honey. Recipe coming soon.
Below is one satisfied customer. Bunky ate TWO for breakfast the other day and then asked for more after school.
What are your favorite kinds of smoothies? I’m always on the look out for MORE.